Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SOS - How to retrieve data source

Hi guys, 

Can you please help me? I have developed a mini dashboard with power BI but now it does not work anymore and pops up the following error:

Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://enterprise-my.sharepoint.com/personal/rodrigo_lemos_enterprise_com/_api/web/getfilebyserverr...' (404): Not Found

The only thing I did was:

1. Changed to Power BI pro

2. Changed the name of the folder 

So I tried to edit the source and put the web address again (from a folder with the excel files) but still does not work. I am afraid I lost everything. Any clue on what to do?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

If I understand your scenario correctly that you used to have pro trail and create a report with the data source (a folder with the excel files) from SharePoint and now you have Pro license and change the folder name in SharePoint, but the report pop up an error?

How do you get the data source? SharePoint Folder or SharePoint Online list?

In addition, if you get the data with the data source which you have changed the folder name, will you have this error?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

If I understand your scenario correctly that you used to have pro trail and create a report with the data source (a folder with the excel files) from SharePoint and now you have Pro license and change the folder name in SharePoint, but the report pop up an error?

How do you get the data source? SharePoint Folder or SharePoint Online list?

In addition, if you get the data with the data source which you have changed the folder name, will you have this error?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft

Yes thats the issue!

I am updating the files on the Onedrive  folder but as it is also in the sharpoint online I believe it is the same.

I tried to change again to the pervious one but ther error remains.

Hi @Anonymous,

How do you connect with the data source? SharePoint Folder or SharePoint Online list?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @v-piga-msft

It is through sharepoint/onedrive

It is solved now, I have figured out that the problem was because one column name was duplicated and was affecting all the other tables 😮

Thanks a lot for your support

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors