cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EZgrafton Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: SLICERS -> blank value

I found a quick trick. If applicable, add the field showing the blanks int he Page level filters section; on the filter check Select All then uncheck (Blank).

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

vshruti06 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

If we add the page level filter then it would be visible to end user after deploying it on powerbi.com. So I don't think this is a good idea.

vshruti06 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

If we add the page level filter then it would be visible to end user after deploying it on powerbi.com. So I don't think this is a good idea.

dcresp Member

This is a dashboard for external users so I am trying to avoid any page or report level filters, so agree not a great solution.

EZgrafton Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I guess I was only "tricking" myself Man Sad

juanita530 New Member

I was able to remove blank as a choice in slicer by adding a report level filter. You have to make sure that blanks are not needed.

bourquejeff Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Another great way to deal with this is using the custom visual "Chicklet Slicers" by Microsoft. I had this slicer issue - mine included not only blanks, but also other records represented in the slicer that had a null or zero value for the measure I was hoping to filter them by. Using the chicklet slicer, the report not only looks better, but easily filtered out the records in the slicer that did not have a value by dragging the measure I was using into the data field of the slicer visual. 

theBIbutler Member

Thanks you @bourquejeff was struggling to find a way around that one that didn't involve a Page Filter......

tomcat318 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I believe the "HierarchySlicer" also removes the blanks automatically, and gives you the option to "show items with no data" at the Fields level should you need the blanks

eiriksra Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I went to investigate and found that the company that developed this (in many ways rather excellent) custom visual still has "ragged hierarchy" (which means that "empties" are not displaid) on their development list. I hope they get to it soon, or that MS makes this visual standard with a few enhancements.