cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GGR Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

SLICERS -> blank value

I have a question about using slicers in my report.

I make slicer which show the two years, I have just two values in my year table.

But I also see blank value , is it possible to hide this one ?  

PBI.png

Thanks for your time

GGR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: SLICERS -> blank value

@adamgor A work around I use quite often is to start with a visual that allows you to filter the value, select/exclude the blank, then change the visual to a slicer and the blank should be gone.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG MSBIWI
50 REPLIES 50
ashishrj Senior Member

@GGR You can filter data while importing using query to exclude blank values. But you won't be able to see associated records with blank value. OR you can rename the blank values to some meaningful name by creating a calculated column. Hope this helps!

adamgor Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have data that has 0 blank values, yet I still see (Blank) on many of my slicers

Any way to fix this?

Super User
Super User

@adamgor A work around I use quite often is to start with a visual that allows you to filter the value, select/exclude the blank, then change the visual to a slicer and the blank should be gone.

adamgor Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@Seth_C_Bauer  Thanks!  I was able to apply a blanket page wide filter such as this, and it has fixed my issue!

Super User
Super User

Unfortunately I use the same workaround.....

They just need to add the option to be able to Turn Blank Values Off / On in the Slicer Options and I really hope they do this!

Slicer.png

tenaciousdata Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the idea/hack Seth. So this is just a bug? 

Super User
Super User

@tenaciousdata (Shrugs) - I wouldn't say bug since it's never existed, I'd say it should be a feature request to include the option in the slicer.

tenaciousdata Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Gotcha. Just don't understand the reason for the blanks in the first place....probably something logical....paging @mspowerbi

On a side note, with you @leonardmurphy @Mykhael & myself I believe the Wisconsin mafia can take over this community :-)  

Just kidding @Sandy

Mykhael Member

Wisconsin is a Power BI over power!!!