Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

SLA Reporting Help - Calculated Column Formula?

Hello,

I am having trouble figuring out how to report on SLA targets. I’ve been reading other user questions here, but I am having trouble applying their solutions to my data.

I have a table with ticket number, priority, create date and resolved date. I need to report on whether or not tickets met their SLA by priority. For example, critical priority tickets need to be resolved within 8 hours of creation, high priority tickets needs to be resolved within 16 hours, and medium priority tickets needs to be resolved within 72 hours.

I am not sure how to add this as a calculated column. Is that the right approach? If so, can I get some help with the formula?

I greatly appreciate any advice or help!! Thank you!

Table.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: SLA Reporting Help - Calculated Column Formula?

Hi,

as far as I see this problem, you should use DATEDIFF function to calculate difference between dates. In it"s 3rd parameter you can set the difference to a hour based format. 
After that you can solve this with a simple IF and AND function combo. 

I bet It can be solved less complicated but here is my calculated column for that for that:

SLA = IF(AND(Table1[Priority]="Medium",DATEDIFF(Table1[Create_Date],Table1[Resolved Date],HOUR)<=16),"In SLA",IF(AND(Table1[Priority]="Low",DATEDIFF(Table1[Create_Date],Table1[Resolved Date],HOUR)<=72),"In SLA",IF(AND(Table1[Priority]="High",DATEDIFF(Table1[Create_Date],Table1[Resolved Date],HOUR)<=8),"In SLA","Out SLA")))

and here is the table with the resoult:
datediff.PNG

Hope I could help.

Barna

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: SLA Reporting Help - Calculated Column Formula?

Hi,

as far as I see this problem, you should use DATEDIFF function to calculate difference between dates. In it"s 3rd parameter you can set the difference to a hour based format. 
After that you can solve this with a simple IF and AND function combo. 

I bet It can be solved less complicated but here is my calculated column for that for that:

SLA = IF(AND(Table1[Priority]="Medium",DATEDIFF(Table1[Create_Date],Table1[Resolved Date],HOUR)<=16),"In SLA",IF(AND(Table1[Priority]="Low",DATEDIFF(Table1[Create_Date],Table1[Resolved Date],HOUR)<=72),"In SLA",IF(AND(Table1[Priority]="High",DATEDIFF(Table1[Create_Date],Table1[Resolved Date],HOUR)<=8),"In SLA","Out SLA")))

and here is the table with the resoult:
datediff.PNG

Hope I could help.

Barna