Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mim
Advocate V
Advocate V

SKYLINE Chart in Power BI Desktop

Hi Guys

is it possible to show a skyline chart in Power BI, i am attaching a sample example

regards

Mim

skyline.jpg

edit : i end up creating the chart in Excel, using RNKX and pivot conditional formating, i made a template available here 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

2 years later, and PowerBI has finaly conditional formating in matrix,  I managed to have a nice skyline.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMTY3MTdjZTUtYjE5Yi00NjdmLThiZTQtNTgxOGI2MmYyOWZjIiwidCI6ImI2Z...

Thanks PowerBI team.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
bzht12
Frequent Visitor

Great chart.  How were you abel to re-rank the items when the slicer selection is changed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are a legend 🙂

@mim What visualization did you use for your skyline in BI? Your example is exactly what I'm looking to create, but the closest thing I see in BI is the stacked column chart. 

@katyhughes77  I am using matrix visual with some crazy DAX

hey mim,

are you able to share the the crazy DAX? or share the whole PBIX file?

it looks nice and planning to do the same.

thanks a lot!

M20_PJ
Regular Visitor

Hey Mim, Thanks, your .pbix file helped me.

I have a question, is it possible to modify the DAX in "Skyline Subsystem" to make it works for in-active relationship since in my case i have more than one date (in yours, you only have "Forecast" date column to be refered)

you are legend! thx a lot

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@mim Consider options from custom visuals gallery. 

https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/

@ankitpatira  I had a look there first, could not find anything.

a skyline is basically  a clustered Stacked Bar chart but all the value show the same "lenght", the difference is captured by conditional formating.

it is a popular chart in construction, and i wanted to use it as an excuse to introduce power bi to my workplace 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.