Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ohene
Regular Visitor

SIMPLE VALUE DATED REPORTS

Hello everyone im new with power BI and i want to ask two very simple report questions and i will be very happy if the responses are kept in very simple language that a newbie will understand.

I have a report that i have created from importing data from a db2 database. There are no date columns in my data. just product_name, balances and totals. This report data i understand will update daily when refreshed. Therefore, balances and totals will update as well on a daily bases as the database is updated with transaction.

What i want to Achieve

-------------------------

1.I want to be able to introduce a date filter to this report, such that, when i choose a particular date, i will get the the last updated balances and totals as at 23:59(11:59pm) that day.

2. I want to be able to introduce a text filter to the viewers of the report, such that, users can type in product name(not select from a list), and then the list column will be updated by the typed text.

Kindly assist me in the simplest of language expression for my understanding. Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Ohene,

Firstly, to use Date filter to filter the visual, you would need to have date values in your table.

Secondly, you can use Text filter custom visual, which users can type in product name and filter the visual.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@Ohene,

You can add a calculate column using DAX below.

Date=NOW()

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Ohene,

Firstly, to use Date filter to filter the visual, you would need to have date values in your table.

Secondly, you can use Text filter custom visual, which users can type in product name and filter the visual.

Regards,
Lydia

@v-yuezhe-msft

Thank you very much for the clarification. In this regard, can you suggest a way that a date field can be added to this automatically?

As in, is there a way to get a date column in the data as there is no date column in my original data. Is there a way to automatically add a date column each time the dataset is refreshed?

@Ohene,

You can add a calculate column using DAX below.

Date=NOW()

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.