Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

moeconsult
Helper V
Helper V

SET Report Default Load to Academic Year

I have a startDate column and I have created a slicer in my using the startdate as seen below

moeconsult_0-1594072912027.png

What I would like to archieve is to set my Slicer report default load academic year. i.e 1st September - 31st August for the current academic year and if i run the report of  2nd September 2020,the slicer date range should 01/09/2020 - 31/08/2021

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thank you @amitchandak  and @edhans  I had below worked and use it as a page filter which default my report load to current academic year and its dynamic, I thought there might be a better way without using it on a page filter .

CurrentAcademicYear = (IF(MONTH([StartDate])>=9,YEAR([StartDate]),YEAR([StartDate])-1)&"/"&(IF(MONTH([StartDate])>=9,YEAR([StartDate]),YEAR([StartDate])-1))+1) =(IF(MONTH(TODAY())>=9,YEAR(TODAY()),YEAR(TODAY())-1)&"/"&(IF(MONTH(TODAY())>=9,YEAR(TODAY()),YEAR(TODAY())-1))+1)

thanks for your help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@moeconsult , As already mentioned by  @edhans , you can not have it.

The way out is to Create an academic year in the calendar with Start Date, refer to my blog.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Creating-Financial-Calendar-Decoding-Date-and-Calend...

Create a formula like this and use to select "Current Year"

If current =
var _year = if(month(today()) >= 9 , year(today()),year(today())-1)
return
if([Start Of Year] =date(_year,9,1),"Current Year",Fin Year)

thank you @amitchandak  and @edhans  I had below worked and use it as a page filter which default my report load to current academic year and its dynamic, I thought there might be a better way without using it on a page filter .

CurrentAcademicYear = (IF(MONTH([StartDate])>=9,YEAR([StartDate]),YEAR([StartDate])-1)&"/"&(IF(MONTH([StartDate])>=9,YEAR([StartDate]),YEAR([StartDate])-1))+1) =(IF(MONTH(TODAY())>=9,YEAR(TODAY()),YEAR(TODAY())-1)&"/"&(IF(MONTH(TODAY())>=9,YEAR(TODAY()),YEAR(TODAY())-1))+1)

thanks for your help
edhans
Super User
Super User

Cannot be done. Unfortunately, you cannot set a slicer default after the report is published. So if you publish today with Sept 2020 as the default, it will always be that unless you choose anohter default next year for the 2021 year.

Vote for this here. It is a very popular request.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.