Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mussaenda
Super User
Super User

SELECTION SLICER

Hi,

I don't know how to deal with this,

Untitled.png

I have this sample data, i just want to have a selection slicer to based on select 1, 2 and 3.

I cannot unpivot them because i don't want the value to duplicate.

Is there other way using DAX?

here is the pbi file: test selection pbix

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

so the easiest and most sensible option is to unpivot the columns, for this example it works perfectly - but I guess for your main project that causes problems.

The other option would be a custom visual called 'Smart Filter' It allows you to have multiple fields in the same filter:

snip2.JPGsnip1.JPG

Failing that, I'm not sure. 

if pivoting causes you some issues elsewhere, maybe duplicate the table and pivot that one and create a relationship between the two.

I home some of this helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

to fully understand what you're trying to do.

are you only wanting to show the VALUE where you have data in SELECT1, SELECT2, SELECT3?

Do you have a mockup (even in Excel) what you want the output to look like?

Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have a link of the power BI report sample.

The output is if I select Select1, all the value column with select1 will show. same with select2 and select3.

Anonymous
Not applicable

so the easiest and most sensible option is to unpivot the columns, for this example it works perfectly - but I guess for your main project that causes problems.

The other option would be a custom visual called 'Smart Filter' It allows you to have multiple fields in the same filter:

snip2.JPGsnip1.JPG

Failing that, I'm not sure. 

if pivoting causes you some issues elsewhere, maybe duplicate the table and pivot that one and create a relationship between the two.

I home some of this helps.

Thank you for the suggestion @Anonymous.

Yes, unfortunately, unpivoting is not an option on my report due to record duplications.

I will try this visual. But I do hope DAX can be an option here.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.