Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cgrisham
Frequent Visitor

SELECTEDVALUE not a valid function

I've read that going back to July there was an issue with Intellisense not picking up SELECTDVALUE and the issue was said to be fixed "soon". 3 Months later looks like its not only not being picked up by Intelisense , but just not working at all.  Is there an ETA  for the fix or should I rework all my measures to account for the lack of the availability? 

Screenshot_1.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cgrisham,

Based on my test, SELECTEDVALUE is not a supported function in DirectQuery mode. Referring to it in import mode, above error won't prompt.

Direct Query

1.PNG

Import

2.PNG

Reference: DAX functions in DirectQuery mode

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft thanks for the resposne as well as the test you performed and link your provided. 

I'm reading that article though as all functions are supported, just not all are optimized. Great to know it works in import, but still seems like it may be a bug in Direct Query? Unless PBI only supports optimized DAX functions in DIrectQuery mode. 

Hi @cgrisham,

You could submit this idea that make SELECTEDVALUE optimized in DirectQuery mode. Your feedback is valuable to improve the level of our products.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.