Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lync0056
Helper I
Helper I

SELECTEDVALUE altered row persists in TOTAL of Matrix

Hi All,

My Measure - 

Total Cashflow TEST = IF( SELECTEDVALUE(Accounts[Account Groupings]) = "Revenue", 0, [Total Cashflow])

On an individual row levelof Matrix, it correctly changes all Revenue Accounts to 0. But the GRAND TOTAL remains the same as if it included the Revenue. I.e. If I put both Total Cashflow and Total Cashflow TEST side by side, they both have the same GRAND TOTAL. Which is not the outcome I need. It should TOTAL and not inlude the Revenue items.

Help please

Thank you
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @lync0056 ,

I have no idea what you try to achieve, but I'm surprised by the outcome you describe. As your measure takes the FALSE part for GRAND TOTAL both measures will return the value at the GRAND TOTAL line.

Please provide a pbix that contains some sample data, upload the pbix to onedrive or dropbox and share the link. Please describe the expected outcome.

Maybe you might consider to use SUMX and iterate across the accounts.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

@lync0056 

You may refer to the post below to add an additional measure.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Sum-of-values-in-a-measure-with-divide-measure/m-p/296768#M...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Try

Total Cashflow TEST = calculate([Total Cashflow],Accounts[Account Groupings] = "Revenue")

Total Cashflow TEST = IF( isfiltered(Accounts[Account Groupings]) = "Revenue", 0, [Total Cashflow])

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

@amitchandak  

Hi 

That will not work in this circumstance, as I am actually moving the result to different Account Type. See measure below. 

TESTING = IF( SELECTEDVALUE(Accounts[Account Groupings]) = "All Other Expenses",CALCULATE( [Total Cashflow MOVE Revenue], ALLSELECTED(Accounts)), 0)

This correctly puts the Revenue figure into the All Other Expenses row. It just does not include the figure in the Total of the Table at the bottom.

@lync0056 

You may refer to the post below to add an additional measure.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Sum-of-values-in-a-measure-with-divide-measure/m-p/296768#M...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @lync0056 ,

I have no idea what you try to achieve, but I'm surprised by the outcome you describe. As your measure takes the FALSE part for GRAND TOTAL both measures will return the value at the GRAND TOTAL line.

Please provide a pbix that contains some sample data, upload the pbix to onedrive or dropbox and share the link. Please describe the expected outcome.

Maybe you might consider to use SUMX and iterate across the accounts.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.