Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VivianaTudora
Frequent Visitor

SAP data modelling, rows as titles

Hi everyone, 

I have this dataset from SAP, It's about 12000 rows and every 100 rows or so there is a gap in rows to add G/L accounts as in the picture below. I still need the G/L accounts but I would need them in a column and all the gaps removed. 

Is there a way to rearrange this kind of data set in Power BI? 

Hope this makes sense. Thank you so much!

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you @v-jiascu-msft!

I've managed to fix it my just filtering and deleating some of the columns in BI, so it's all fine!

The SAP connection sounds great, but we don't use SAP HANA yet, do you know if Power BI can be connected to older versions of SAP at all? 

Thank you:)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @VivianaTudora,

Did you solve it? Would you mind sharing with us?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @VivianaTudora,

As far as I know, SAP uses the relational database that means it wouldn't store data like it in the Excel. I would suggest you connect to the SAP directly and retrieve data into Power BI. Then edit it in the Query Editor, which has many data manipulating functions.

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-jiascu-msft!

I've managed to fix it my just filtering and deleating some of the columns in BI, so it's all fine!

The SAP connection sounds great, but we don't use SAP HANA yet, do you know if Power BI can be connected to older versions of SAP at all? 

Thank you:)

Hi @VivianaTudora,

Could it be the Sybase Database? It could be the most related. Please refer to power-bi/desktop-data-source-prerequisites.

SAP_data_modelling_rows_as_titles

Best Regards,

Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.