Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SAP data load: Data below a node load as one row

I have a SAP query I connect to. We have a structure of accounts where data is booked on. In the top,  we have nodes. E.g. Adjusted EBIT. Due to too many records I want to load data from a node as one row. But this is not possible since data is not booked on a node but on the accounts below it.  On the Adjusted EBIT account data is not booked (only used as a node), so loading this particular account is not possible. When I load the query in SAP Analyser (BEx) I do see the one line. 

Any idea how to do this?

PowerBI load:

Node1.PNG

SAP Analyser, so 1 row per period in stead of a whole structure of accounts like in PowerBI load:

Node2.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

To be honest, I can't find any connection between the contents in the two images.

1. Are these columns in the Power BI duplicates?

2. Which connector did you use?

3. Can you apply any customized queries? Please refer to the snapshot below.

SAP-data-load-Data-below-a-node-load-as-one-row

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jiascu-msft thanks!

1. Well, e.g. to show the sum of 'Adjusted EBIT' all data below this node has to be loaded:  level below this is 'Total Costs', below that are 7 levels more and then data is booked on the lowest level. So in PowerBI data in the lowest level appears as a seperate row so I have 2 million records now to calculate one figure 'Adjusted EBIT'. In SAP Business Explorer I can load a SAP query and then only the total is shown, so not all seperate records. I want this too in PowerBI. 

2. SAP Business WareHouse Application Server with Data Connectivity Mode 'Import'.

3. MDX statement I am not familiar with, if that can be a solution then I will start learning this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.