Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jaymanivannan
Frequent Visitor

SAP HANA Attribute Views

Hi,

I am using SAP HANA database as our analytics data source. I have created Attribute views for Dimensions and Calculation views for Fact table.  I am trying to import the all the data sources into Power BI. But Power BI is showing the Calculation Views ONLY. It is not showing the attribute views. We can handle this by creating all the attribute views as Calculation views with dummy measure column, is there any other way without doing this and get the Attribute views from HANA?  Please help me. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dexterz
Helper II
Helper II

HANA is OLAP,you only see analysis and calculation views

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dexterz
Helper II
Helper II

HANA is OLAP,you only see analysis and calculation views

Hi,

Were you using Personal or Enterprise Gateway.

If it is Enterprise Gateway, were you able to use Service Account or User Account in creation of Reports and share with others?

Hi Mond,

Thanks for your reply. I escalated this issue to Microsoft Tech support and its resolved. We are using enterprise gateway in a dedicated server, Microsoft suggested that install (just installation alone) the personal gateway software on that dedicated server. After the installation able to schedule the data set. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.