Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

erikfosser

SAP Business Warehouse - no data retrieved

Hi power gurus 🙂

We are trying to get data out of SAP BW. We have installed the NW RFC SDK and we are able to browse the queries in the BW system. We are also able to see all the dimensions and measures in the queries, but when we try to load the data from the queries we just do not get any data (no error message is displayed). If we run the same query with the same user with a SAP tool we get data so this is not an authorisation issue in the BW system. Anyone that has seen this before and found a solution? 

Kind regards 

Erik

5 REPLIES 5
TORNALLY
Helper I
Helper I

hi Erik, there is a simpler way to get data out of SAP.  avoid BW, get it straight from the Source tables.  Take a look at Simplement's Data Liberator:

www.simplement.us

This platform sources any SAP table in real-time, and puts it in SQL Server, eady for Power BI.  No multi-staging and jumping hoops from datasources, to infosources, etc, etc..

Mike McNally

mmcnally@simplement.us

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@erikfosser,

I have tested it on my local environment, we cannot reproduce this issue. In your scenario, please try to clear the cache and check if this issue persists or not.

File>Options and Settings>Options/Data Soure settings
Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi Charlie 

Thank you for your feedback. I tried to clear the cache but it dod not help 😞 Could it be a network issue and we need to open some ports in our firewall? Do you know what ports are being used by Power BI?

Kind regards 

Erik

Hi,

Can somebody share me installation file NW RFC SDK please: hr.yankov@gmail.com

Thanks

Just sent it to you 🙂

Erik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.