Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ajay_techbrawn
Frequent Visitor

SAP Business Warehouse: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Hello Experts,

Recently we have upgraded the SAP BW systems Service Package. After that I started creating a new dashboard and I am unable to load the data. I have refreshed the existing dashboards aswell and they are also throwing same errors. 
Kinldy put your suggestions and thoughts to resolve the issue.

ajay_techbrawn_0-1632508899081.png

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Ajay 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @v-eqin-msft ,

I have resolved the issue by unistalling the SAP .Net conenctor 2.0 and installing the latest version of SAP .Net connector 3.0

Regards,
Ajay

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ajay_techbrawn ,

From a similar issue:

This error is usually happens due to presence of empty cells don’t have null value. To figure out which sheet contains these cells, refresh the file. During the refresh, the error will appear in the culprit sheet saying for example “Customers sheet contains empty cells in the emails column”.

You have to fill these cells either with null value or the missing data.

If you still cannot solve the issue,sorry for that, we do not found an effective solution.
We suggest you go to https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ ,scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET" for further help if you are a pro user.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-eqin-msft ,

I have resolved the issue by unistalling the SAP .Net conenctor 2.0 and installing the latest version of SAP .Net connector 3.0

Regards,
Ajay

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ajay_techbrawn ,

It's a known issue, the ID for ICM is 248718543.  

The current workaround is reverted to May 2021 version of PBI Desktop ,please try again.

Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-eqin-msft ,

Tried as per your suggestions but that didn't resolve the issue. Could you please let me know if any other way exists.

Regards,

Ajay

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.