Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SAP Business Warehouse - Key Figure Multiplied by 100K Based on User Account

This doesn't appear to be a Power BI issue but I'm hoping that someone has ran into this issue as I can only recreate this issue with Power BI. We have a BEx query that we are consuming and its basically multiplying the value x 100,000. An example would be a sales order qty of 450 shows up as 450 for all users but 1, that user see's 45,000,000. On that users machine, if I change the database credentials to any other user the value will change from 45M to the correct value of 450 (Within Power BI)

We've tested this on multiple machines with multiple user ID's in order to confirm that its the user's ID and not the version of Power BI, Computer, etc. 

We've looked at the users profile data (SAP GUI) and it matches everyone else's. Also keep in mind when this user runs the BEx query in Analyzer they get they correct value of 450. 

So while I don't believe its a Power BI issue, Power BI is the only place we can recreate the issue and we still can't figure out what could be causing this issue. I'm hoping that someone else has experienced a similiar issue and found a resolution. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

So we finally figured this out. This has to do with SAP authorizations and it was called out in the Power BI SAP docs but I overlooked that. 

This is called out under the troubleshooting section of this page:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-sap-bw-connector/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous wrote:

This doesn't appear to be a Power BI issue but I'm hoping that someone has ran into this issue as I can only recreate this issue with Power BI. We have a BEx query that we are consuming and its basically multiplying the value x 100,000. An example would be a sales order qty of 450 shows up as 450 for all users but 1, that user see's 45,000,000. On that users machine, if I change the database credentials to any other user the value will change from 45M to the correct value of 450 (Within Power BI)

We've tested this on multiple machines with multiple user ID's in order to confirm that its the user's ID and not the version of Power BI, Computer, etc. 

We've looked at the users profile data (SAP GUI) and it matches everyone else's. Also keep in mind when this user runs the BEx query in Analyzer they get they correct value of 450. 

So while I don't believe its a Power BI issue, Power BI is the only place we can recreate the issue and we still can't figure out what could be causing this issue. I'm hoping that someone else has experienced a similiar issue and found a resolution. 

Thanks

@Anonymous

What do you see from the "Source" step? I don't know SAP, is there any profiling/tracing tool that can capture queries underlying sent from Power BI to your SAP Server?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

So we finally figured this out. This has to do with SAP authorizations and it was called out in the Power BI SAP docs but I overlooked that. 

This is called out under the troubleshooting section of this page:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-sap-bw-connector/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.