Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jothikumar

SAP BW Multiprovider Error - Reg.

Hi Power BI Team,

We have SAP BW at the backend and trying to create specfic Dashboards in Power BI.

The specific requirement for the client is to design a Power BI Dashboard based on Multiproviders from SAP BW.

1. Able to connect to the SAP BW Infocube in Power BI.

2. But while trying to connect to SAP BW Multiprovider, facing the error as mentioned below:

"SAP Business Warehouse: RfcReceiveEx Failed (RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION): EXception condition "HIERARCHY_NOT_FOUND" raised"

Is there any fix for the issue mentioned? If so please update.

Awaiting your response at the earliest.

Regards,

JK.

PoBI_06122016_ERR.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jothikumar,

Is this MultiProvider available for other tool for reporting purposes? After created a multiprovider, we need to activate the MultiProvider and only this activated MultiProvider will be available for reporting and analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi Charlie,

At the outset, I thank you for responding to my query swiftly.

Yes, I duly follow the activation process of Multiprovider as stipulated by SAP BW. The same is available for reporting and analysis in other tools. The problem I face is only with Power BI.

And one more observation I wish to bring to your kind attention, SAP BW DSO's are not displayed in the navigation tree.

I would really appreciate if you could help me out of this situation or connect me to the right technical engineer to sort this issue.

Regards,
- JK.

Hi @jothikumar

Did you solve the problem. I'm now in the same situation, and i've no idea whats going on.

I can access cubes and querys, but when I try it with a multicube i get the same error as you.

Regards,

Oihane

Hello Folks,

Did anyone of you get to resolve the issue with multiprovider? I am also facing the same issue. I can connect to Infocubes, queries but not to multiprovider.

Is it the limitation of Power BI  that it can not connect with virtual provider?

Thanks,

Nilima

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.