Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SAP BW: Error occurred when starting the parser: connection to partner '127.0.0.1:0' broken

Hi dear forum,

when connecting to BW (7.5) , connection succeeds but when running simple report, the preview fails, see picture 

and details show this Error Message:
OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] SAP Business Warehouse: Error occurred when starting the parser: connection to partner '127.0.0.1:0' broken / CPIC-.

( Trying same towards a 7.4 BW system does not give this error. )

Please help point me in the right direction.

Thanks already!

kind regards,

Edwin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Forum,

my this issue was solved,  and thought I'd share here

in case anyone comes across this because they have similar issue.

Here's what solved it for us (it's a bit short and cryptic but another basis guy will prob. understand) :

"replaced the mdxsvr executable  , to solve an MDX Parser bug as described in below SAP note:
 2654964 - MDX Parser issues with 7.53 Kernel depending on the distribution"

kind regards,

Edwin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Forum,

my this issue was solved,  and thought I'd share here

in case anyone comes across this because they have similar issue.

Here's what solved it for us (it's a bit short and cryptic but another basis guy will prob. understand) :

"replaced the mdxsvr executable  , to solve an MDX Parser bug as described in below SAP note:
 2654964 - MDX Parser issues with 7.53 Kernel depending on the distribution"

kind regards,

Edwin

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Since you were able to connect to SAP BW 7.4 successfully, there might be something wrong with your SAP BW 7.5 syatem. Please check whether you can connect to SAP BW(7.5) from other BI tools.

By the way, which data connector did you use to connect to SAP BW 7.5 in Power BI desktop?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

yes we can use other BI tools on the 7.5 , like Netweaver portal queries , BO reports , webi reports...

I am using the database connector for SAP Business WareHouse , tried both the 1.0 and 2.0 implementation.

and using DirectQuery mode.

kr,

Edwin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.