cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MatheusLPS Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

SAP BW Cube.Parameters. How to extract the list of values?

Hello.

Power Query has a function named Cube.Parameters. So, how may I extract the possible values from a parameter BW Cube?

I now that this kind of parameter contains a list of possiblem values. My list is huge. My task is to filter some of the list.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SAP BW Cube.Parameters. How to extract the list of values?

Hi @MatheusLPS ,

If I understand your requirement correctly that you want to get all of the possiblem values in the list.

If it is, I'm afraid that we may not achieve that as it may exceed the limit of Character length of the query step.

@ImkeF may have other ideas?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Hi @MatheusLPS 

that's what I call a good problem-description Smiley Happy

To get the name of the DB for the Cube.Parameters-function it's easiest to start with grabbing a random item from the cube. That will return a query with 3 steps. In the last step, you will see the name of the cube you need:

image.png

Then add another step where you use that name in the Cube.Parameters-function (I don't have any of them in my DB, so empty return here): 

image.png

Make sure to keep the previous steps, as they contain the path to your data source.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

MatheusLPS Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @ImkeF for the reply.

I already got to this point. It shows the paramether, 1 in my case.

Capturar.PNG

But my task is after this point. How to get/extract all or part of the list INSIDE the parameter? On the video I sent, I clicked on 3 dots and the list shows. But I would like to know if there is a function to call this list outside the GUI, via power query code.

on a pseudo code, something like this to show the members of the parameter: Cube.Parameters("SomeCube").ShowListOfValues

Capturar2.PNG

Super User
Super User

Sorry, but I don't know a way to retrieve these values.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries