Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tiago_santos

SAP BW Attributes not showing up in Power BI [SAP Business Warehouse Connector]

Hello,

I can't get the attributes from my characteristics, in SAP BW to show up in Power BI, using SAP Business Warehouse Connector.

The query I'm importing showed in BEx Query Designer:

English Version:

BEx EN

Original Version:

BEx

Using SAP Business Warehouse Connector:

SAP_BW_Connector

The query in Power BI:

Power_BI

Everything is working fine, except the attributes [0COUNTRY] , [0CITY] and [0INDUSTRY] , which are attributes from [0VENDOR] , as you can see in the BEx Query Designer screenshots.

Anyone knows how to make the attributes show up in Power BI?

Thanks in advance.

13 REPLIES 13
TORNALLY
Helper I
Helper I

Tiago, you might want to take a look at SImplement's Data Liberator. 

www.simplement.us

this platform surfaces SAP data in real-time, directly into SQL Server, ready for Power BI.  Any table, no limitations.  this way everything you need will show us in SQL Server, 

Mike mcNally

mmcnally@simplement.us

Simplement jsut came out with a new product that makes set up even easier than Liberator. Check out this press release on Roundhouse

I think this may be what you're looking for for real time data. Their website has more info

Dear all,

I have the same problem using BW, did you solve the problem ? 

Thanks for your reply,

Best regards,

Sara 

Cristobaal

Is very important for customer obtain all attributes of the dimension.

Best Regards!

Cristobaal

Hi EveryBody,

I have the same problem using BW. 

Best regards!

worerlz

Dear all.

I have de same problem, when you fixed this problem?

Thank you for help.

Walter.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @tiago_santos,

I am not familiar with SAP BW. Based on the above screenshots, it seems that you have created hierarchies for your dimension, right? If that is the case, as stated in the following article, hierarchies and variables/parameters are currently not supported in the Preview version of the SAP BW Connector, but will be supported in the future.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-sap-bw-connector/

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear Moderator,

Attributes are not hierarchies. There are just related attributes to the main characteristics. For example in the screen shot, Vendor Dimension has its related country, location and industry attribute. 

The sap Hierarchies are already support by PBI, however not the attributes. 

Have posted an idea requesting this feature. Anybody needing this, please vote for the feature...

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/18853582-sap-bw-characteristics-d...

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you give me a rough estimation as to when hierarchies might be supported by the SAP BW Connector?

Hi @tiago_santos @worerlz

SAP BW connector is Generally Available starting with August Power BI Desktop update, please check if you can use hierarchies in the Desktop now.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

Thank you for the update. I have tried it, but sadly the SAP BW attributes still don't show up in Power BI.

Can you let me know whether the Generally Available connectors are updated, possibly fixing this issue in future versions of Power BI, or if these are final versions?

Hi @tiago_santos

we are facing the same problem at the moment. We can even use the same attribute in one query and it will be shown but not in another query. And we just don't find the difference between the two of them. Could you solve your problem? Do you have a hint for us?

Bes tregards

Scott

Hi @tiago_santos,

I am not aware that when hierarchies will be supported. However, once it is supported, I will update this case.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.