Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HOSKERS
Regular Visitor

(SAML) for single sign-on (SSO) from Power BI to on-premises data sources

Hello All,

I am Sagar Hoskeri, My organization uses Power-BI using SAP HANA as data source and we are now planning to implement SAML for SSO.

We are referring to below documentation posted on Microsoft site however it mentions the steps using OpenSSL, and the guide doesn't list steps for SAML using CommonCryptoLib rather it just mentions to Refer to the official SAP documentation for further information.

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-sso-saml

We don't use OpenSSL for our HANA Database and rather use Commoncrypto, and we contacted SAP to check on the same however they asked us to check with Microsoft..

Is there any separate documentation for SAML for SSO using CommonCryptoLib or any plans to create one ?

Appreciate any assistance in this regards. Thank you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@HOSKERS,

You may refer to the "Configure SAP BW for SSO using CommonCryptoLib“. The steps of configure SAP BW for SSO should be similar.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HOSKERS
Regular Visitor

Hello All,

I am Sagar Hoskeri, My organization uses Power-BI using SAP HANA as data source and we are now planning to implement SAML for SSO.

We are referring to below documentation posted on Microsoft site however it mentions the steps using OpenSSL, and the guide doesn't list steps for SAML using CommonCryptoLib rather it just mentions to Refer to the official SAP documentation for further information.

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-sso-saml

We don't use OpenSSL for our HANA Database and rather use Commoncrypto, and we contacted SAP to check on the same however they asked us to check with Microsoft..

Is there any separate documentation for SAML for SSO using CommonCryptoLib or any plans to create one ?

Appreciate any assistance in this regards. Thank you !

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@HOSKERS,

You may refer to the "Configure SAP BW for SSO using CommonCryptoLib“. The steps of configure SAP BW for SSO should be similar.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.