Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MojoGene Member

Re: SAMERPERIODLASTYEAR - Non Contiguous Date Selection Error

I get the same exact error message. 

MojoGene Member

Is there a method in Power BI to confirm that a table is marked as a date table?

bblais Member

I don't believe so or that it's necessary.  I just always make sure my PK is an actual date column and not a key like 20170401 or something like that, as I've found many of the DAX capabilities won't work correctly if you don't use a date column when relating tables. 

The only other thing I can think of for you to check is to see if there are other roundabout relationships between the date table and another table that then joins back to your fact table directly or indirectly.  If there's any bi-directional relationship there, it might affect what you're trying to do even though your direct relationship between date and fact table is single...

zkazimov Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi Guys,

I had same issue before and I found out that  as @bblais mentioned, I had two tables havng relationship with dates table. Once I set corss filter direction single for both of them. problem was resolved.

brickhouse3539 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I had this issue and changing the sameperiodlastyear from my year-month column to the full date column as suggested solved the issue, thanks!