Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

erhan_79
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Calculation of runtotal filtering

Hi there ;

first of all have a nice work to everyboy

i need you kind support about a runtotal quantity filtering based on day.

i have a amount table based on days , i am calculating runtotal of amount based on days also , for sample table i have 3 month's daily amounts , days are starting from 01.07.2020 to 31.09.2020 , everyday has amount on the table.As you wil see from my sample that am adding it's link below also , i created a graphic to see runtotal of amounts .When the graphic is starting from 1 july everything is ok but when i want to start graphic from 01.08.2020 ( you can see the example page2 sheet on the report also ) , system calculating runtotal all july too.Infact when i filter the date i want system to start to calculate my first choosed date on the fılter , for the attached example 01.08.2020 's amount is 1500 , so i would like to see that on Page2 graphic will start to calculate 1500 and will calculate runtotal after 01.08.2020

sample pbix file  : https://drive.google.com/file/d/105-RiW_Tgn7OtbtqzOzNhNJnM90JQBUf/view?usp=sharing

source file :          https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k5JbHkujU-0xsw03TrcCfTJs5Fmow266/view?usp=sharing

i hope it is celar ,if you need to ask something s i will be here thanks in advance for your kind suppıorts 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please try this expression instead

Toplam Runtotal TL ?
VAR minthisvisual ?
CALCULATE ( MIN ( Dimdate[Date] ), ALLSELECTED ( Dimdate ) )
Return
CALCULATE (
SUM ( Sheet1[Amount] ),
FILTER ( ALL ( Dimdate ), Dimdate[Date] <- MAXX ( Sheet1, Sheet1[File Date] ), ),
Dimdate[Date] > minthisvisual
)

If this works for you, mark it as the solution. Praise is also appreciated. Please let me know if you don't.

Best regards

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please try this expression instead

Toplam Runtotal TL ?
VAR minthisvisual ?
CALCULATE ( MIN ( Dimdate[Date] ), ALLSELECTED ( Dimdate ) )
Return
CALCULATE (
SUM ( Sheet1[Amount] ),
FILTER ( ALL ( Dimdate ), Dimdate[Date] <- MAXX ( Sheet1, Sheet1[File Date] ), ),
Dimdate[Date] > minthisvisual
)

If this works for you, mark it as the solution. Praise is also appreciated. Please let me know if you don't.

Best regards

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

@mahoneypat

thank you very much ! working perfect

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.