Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Running totals of future date

Hello guys, I need some help.

I have some data of my company investments. That data is divided in columns like "Date Position, Value ($), Release Date".

Date position = it shows the investments value that are active on the day selected.

Value = amount of money

Release Date = the date that I can retrieve that amount without paying any taxes.

I'm created a visual that, after I select the date position (like 8th june), it shows the amount of money that I can retrieve after that date without paying any taxes. The dates here go from june 8th june (date position) to 28th june (last release date)

ThorP_0-1627483152034.png

But I'm trying to create a measure that it shows the running totals until the last "release date" (28th june, in the example) that is set, normally (not a rule), 30 days after my position date.

I tried looking for forums and videos, but every single running total's tutorial talks about past days until the selected date.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try this

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('APLICATIONS'[Value]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(APLICATIONS),[Release Date]<=MAX('APLICATIONS'[Release Date])))

15.png

I don’t know if my results are correct. If so, can you explain how your curve is obtained? For example, the date of June 17th, what value does it add up?

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The easiest measure is like

CALCULATE(SUM(VALUE), FILTER(ALL(TABLE), [DATE]<=[THE LAST RELEASE DATE]&&[DATE]>=[THE LAST RELEASE DATE]-29)

Without dummy data and expected results, it is difficult for me to give the correct formula. If possible, please provide.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Stephen!

Here's some dummy data and my expected result is to create a visual with my release value over the release dates and the running totals like this example:

pbi.PNG

Sample

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try this

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('APLICATIONS'[Value]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(APLICATIONS),[Release Date]<=MAX('APLICATIONS'[Release Date])))

15.png

I don’t know if my results are correct. If so, can you explain how your curve is obtained? For example, the date of June 17th, what value does it add up?

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

CALCULATE(SUM(your value),DATESBETWEEN(DATES,<date position>,<last release date>)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.