Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Running total of an assigned value of <X> or less

Capture.JPG

There's the graph,  it's made via this one column I made that aggregates everything from an businses-day age calculation in yet another column (and calculating that sucked, btw).

All Age Complete Info = if(CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]<1,"< 1 Day",IF(AND(CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]>=1,CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]<2),"1 to 2 days",IF(AND(CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]>=2,CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]<3),"2 to 3 days",if(and(CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]>=3,CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]<4),"3 to 4 days",if(and(CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]>=4,CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]<5),"4 to 5 days",if(and(CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]>=5,CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]<6),"5 to 6 days",if(and(CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]>=6,CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]<7),"6 to 7 days",if(and(CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]>=7,CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]<8),"7 to 8 days",if(and(CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]>=8,CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]<9),"8 to 9 days",if(and(CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]>=9,CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age]<10),"9 to 10 days","Over 10 Days"))))))))))

How would I go about showing on the graph say - this is the % that are <1 day, this is the percentage that are (<1 day + 1 to 2 days).   So - this gradually growing line, that would hit 100% at the last category, if I make any sense.

Thanks!

Capture2.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@mmace1

You can create a measure as below, replace the CompleteInfo[value] with the actual column/measure in your case. See more details in the attached pbix file.

PERC =
IF (
    MAX ( CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age] ) >= 10,
    DIVIDE (
        SUMX (
            FILTER (
                ALLSELECTED ( CompleteInfo ),
                CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age] <= MAX ( CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age] )
            ),
            CompleteInfo[value]
        ),
        SUMX ( ALLSELECTED ( CompleteInfo ), CompleteInfo[value] )
    )
)

Capture.PNGB

By the way, the calculated column DAX formula can also be

All Age Complete Info = 
SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age] < 1, "< 1 Day",
    CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age] < 2, "1 to 2 days",
    CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age] < 3, "2 to 3 days",
    CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age] < 4, "3 to 4 days",
    CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age] < 5, "4 to 5 days",
    CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age] < 6, "5 to 6 days",
    CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age] < 7, "6 to 7 days",
    CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age] < 8, "7 to 8 days",
    CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age] < 9, "8 to 9 days",
    CompleteInfo[Business_Days_Age] < 10, "9 to 10 days",
    "Over 10 Days"
)

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

SWITCH - that's much more efficient, thanks!

For the PERC calculation - yours works off of a summarized version of the table.  But, my table data is every individual value, as I'm calculating the business-day age for each one.  See screenshot:

Capture.JPG

Would there be a way to modify things to work off of this?   Thanks,

@mmace1 wrote:

SWITCH - that's much more efficient, thanks!

For the PERC calculation - yours works off of a summarized version of the table.  But, my table data is every individual value, as I'm calculating the business-day age for each one.  See screenshot:

Capture.JPG

Would there be a way to modify things to work off of this?   Thanks,

@mmace1

Have you tried my approach? I think it also works for very indivisual values.

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I think it doesn't, because [value] in the equation, refers to the total number of hits in each category.  

But, my data isn't summarized like that, so there's no such [value] column to refer to? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.