Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Victormar
Helper IV
Helper IV

Running total not showing value if not adding

Hello community,

I have a quick and easy question, I believe, but I haven't found how to do it. I am calculating cumulative totals, but using my formula when a week doesn't have a value, it wouldn't display any value, and I would like to have the previous one; Weeks 12 and 13 doesn't have any value, but I would still like to have week's 11 value:

Victormar_0-1656397919098.png

Cumulative =
CALCULATE (
sum(Table1[hour]),
FILTER (
ALL('DIM_Calendar'[Date]),
'dim_calendar'[Date] <= MAX(DIM_Calendar[Date])
))

Thanks in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Victormar , if you are using year week from DIM_Calendar it should display the one not having value. and Join between Date and Table should be single directional

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd try to use the REMOVEFILTERS command, instead of ALL. I don't think ALL will remove the date filters on Table1, but maybe I'm worng.

CumulativeSum =
CALCULATE(
   SUM(Table1[hour]),
   REMOVEFILTERS(DIM_Calendar),
   'Dim_calendar'[Date] <= MAX('DIM_Calendar'[Date])
)

If this doesn't work, try showing items with no data : right-click on your measure in the visuals pane, and Show items with no data.

If this works, please consider accepting this as a solution if someone has the same problem in the future 🙂

thanks for your help!

The other solution worked 🙂

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Victormar , if you are using year week from DIM_Calendar it should display the one not having value. and Join between Date and Table should be single directional

thanks! I had the crossfilter direction set to both, now it works! Thanks you very much 🙂

Why is it that it doesn't work when having crossfilter set to both?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.