Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Running Totals on a row count

I am trying to create a calculated measure using DAX that will do a running total on a row count for a field that contains descriptions. Each descripton would be a row count. For instance we have a field called color and there are 5 colors.  I want a running total on how many rows are what colors.  Also I need to keep all the current filters in place so if the filters change, my running total will reflect that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Try Quick measure. There is an option for running a total. Right-click on a table or field you get popup menu. There choose new quick measure

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @Anonymous 

You could refer to this document:

https://www.daxpatterns.com/cumulative-total/

For your case, you may need to use ALLSELECTED Function instead of ALL Function in the formula.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it doesn't really help.  I am trying to do a cumulative on a description field where I row count.  For example:  I have 500 employees. Of those 500 employees, 100 have been Terminated.  I am trying to count the rows where there is a reason code and I want it to look like this...  But I don't want my line to follow but be a cumulative line upward.  PowerBI Issue.PNG

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Try Quick measure. There is an option for running a total. Right-click on a table or field you get popup menu. There choose new quick measure

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.