Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

devesqdeves
Helper II
Helper II

Running Totals Using a Monthly Delta

Hello, i am trying to do a running total measure using another measure, Monthly Delta, but the values are not corret. I will put the information below:

Measures :

Total Consultants Invoiced = DISTINCTCOUNT('DW FCTHCFAC'[ConsultantId])
Total Consultants Invoiced ParallelPeriod =
CALCULATE([Total Consultants Invoiced],
PARALLELPERIOD('Date'[Data],-1,MONTH))
Total Consultants Invoiced Parallel MOM =
var hcfac = [Total Consultants Invoiced] - [Total Consultants Invoiced ParallelPeriod]
return
if( hcfac >0,CONCATENATE("+",hcfac),hcfac)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the incorrect measure , i tried a lot of different dax measures but i dont understand why it is not giving the correct values:
RunnTotal Consultants Invoiced Paralell MOM =
CALCULATE([Invoiced Parallel MOM],FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Data]<=MAX('Date'[Data])))
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Result at the moment - Incorrect Values at RT Delta
devesqdeves_0-1656320970113.png

In this table i am using this measure Parallel

Parallel =
SWITCH (
TRUE (),
SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Parallel Table'[Selection] ) = "Monthly Delta" , [Total Consultants Invoiced Parallel MOM],
SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Parallel Table'[Selection] ) = "RT Delta" , [RunnTotal Consultants Invoiced Paralell MOM])

As we can see , the table should be like this, it is supposed to be adding the previous values but i do not understant what is wrong :

devesqdeves_1-1656321459866.png

Note : The values of Total Consultants Invoiced Parallel MOM / Monthly Delta are Correct.
The Incorrect values are RunnTotal Consultants Invoiced Paralell MOM / RT Delta.

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@devesqdeves , try like

Total Consultants Invoiced ParallelPeriod =
CALCULATE([Total Consultants Invoiced],
dateadd('Date'[Data],-1,MONTH))

var _max = MAX('Date'[Data])
var _date = date(year(_max) , month(_max)-1, day(_max))
return
CALCULATE([Invoiced Parallel MOM],FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Data]<=_date))

@amitchandak Hi , thanks for the input , i tried ur measures and it gave this error : 

MdxScript(Model) (108, 13) Calculation error in measure "DW FCTHCFAC"[RunnTotal Consultants Invoiced Paralell MOM]: An argument of the function 'DATE' has the wrong data type or the result is too large or too small.

What should i do ?

I removed the "-1" from the _date var and it stopped giving the error but the values continue incorrect :s 

var _max = MAX('Date'[Data])
var _date = date(year(_max) , month(_max) , day(_max))
return
CALCULATE([Total Consultants Invoiced Parallel MOM],FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Data]<=_date))

The table presents as this with the measure u wrote minus the "-1"  , not adding the values correctly
devesqdeves_0-1656334551283.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.