Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Running Total by Week and Shift

1. I have a raw data table that has the following fields: Date, Time and Weight.
  2. I have managed to summarize it by adding some calculated columns so the summary table has the following fields: Date, Week Start Date, Day of Week, Shift and Weight.
  3. So far so good. Please bear with me while I try to articulate the question 🙂
  4. This is a link to the data https://drive.google.com/file/d/11FbpmZS71bx1DZqR84s6XOsdYDoemndO/view?usp=sharing
  5. I have two visuals on two different pages of a report - both these pages use various page filters in addition to the "AM" or "PM" shift filter such that one page is specifically for morning shift and the other for evening shift.
  6. Now I want to show a running "Week to date" total for the Weight on both the pages.
  7. The complexity is that on the morning shift page it should show the running total of all previous days in the week AND the weight of the current "AM" shift.
  8. And on the evening shift page it should show the running total of all previous days in the week including the current "PM" shift.
  9. Both pages have selectable "DATE" slicer.
  10. No filters on either page can be changed!! 😞

Please let me know how to calculate such a running weekly total. It works with a pivot table visual on a blank page, but as soon as I put it on one of these pages the result defaults to the daily total regardless of "Shift".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I solved this myself!! 😀

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

I solved this myself!! 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.