Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mhsk
Helper II
Helper II

Running Total Week Calculation

Hi Community,

I hope this will be simple question, im trying to achieve what is calculation in column marked yellow:

Przechwytywanie.PNG

So i have a table by Item number and by week both with supply and demand and i would like to write a measure showing me what is the stock level for each week (starting week should take Start Stock Value) and leter stock level should be calculated from previous week. is ist doable?

7 REPLIES 7
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mhsk ,

Below is the solution of a calculated column based on your data here. Maybe you have other conditions. Please reply to this. 

Column =
VAR currentWeek = [Week of Year]
RETURN
    [Start Stock]
        + CALCULATE (
            SUM ( Table1[SUPPLY] ) - SUM ( Table1[DEMAND] ),
            FILTER ( 'Table1', 'Table1'[Week of Year] <= currentWeek )
        )

Running-Total-Week-Calculation

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

OK, this will work pretty good while you have 1 item and week numbers dosnt duplicate. but what if table has many items and then many the same week's in column week of year. how can i tell power bi that im looking for this specific item context?

(if i apply this calculated column to data where more than one occurence of the same week exist then it crashes )

@mhsk Can you please provide a sample data ?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Proud to be a Super User!
My custom visualization projects
Plotting Live Sound: Viz1
Beautiful News:Viz1, Viz2, Viz3
Visual Capitalist: Working Hrs

Hi,

pbix file with expected outcome attached, it is a bit different than previously, i can merge demand and supply table on part and weekyear if needed.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/8nowwu

any ideas?

This is how it looks: So i would also need dax to know that we are looking at this item only and this week 

Przechwytywanie.PNG

Hi @mhsk ,

Can you share a new sample that can be more accurate to display your model? Please share the pbix file if you can. Please mask the sensitive parts first.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.