cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tameemyousaf Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Running Total Using Two Measures

Hi,

I want to get the running total of by adding two measures. I have two measures "Stock def" and "Store Qty". I need running total by adding both measures. Below is the screenshot of data and my requirement (yellow highlighted).

How can I do this?

RunningTotal.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
BraneyBI Member

Re: Running Total Using Two Measures

Hi @tameemyousaf,

I would suggest creating a new "Index" column in Power Query so that the sort can be established.  Once you do that, the Column you can create has the following syntax: 

Running Total = CALCULATE(SUM(Qty[Store Def])+SUM(Qty[Store Qty]),FILTER(Qty,Qty[Index] <=EARLIER(Qty[Index])))

CumulativeTotal.JPG

tameemyousaf Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @BraneyBI

Thanks for your reply.

The issue is that data is populating from two different tables and from two different measure. "Store Def" and "Store Qty" are actually two different measure. We can not use sum function on any of these measures and we can not use "EARLIER" on any measure. In your proposed solution your are taking "Store Def" and "Store Qty" as table columns and you are considering the whole data in one table but actually this grid is not populating from only one table. I can not create index on any table. 

I have tried creating index using RANKX function but that can not be used with EARLIER function.

Is there any other solution?

sekhar438 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Any solutions for this question.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Find out what's new in the Power BI Community!

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 329 members 3,109 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: