Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

okusai3000
Helper IV
Helper IV

Running Total Chart until selected month

Hello everyone,

I am struggling since several weeks with the following problem:

I have a sales report where we have slicers to select the month and the year. Until here everything works fine, talking about monthly sales ; running totals, etc.

The issue starts when I want to show a chart with running totals until the selected month. The first thing that happens, is that the graph just shows the selected month (for example, March), with its respective running total. 

Captura1.PNG

Reading a lot in forums I could manage to use some sort of tricks to get a running total chart showing each month until the selected month:

Captura2.PNG

The thing is that for getting this I need to have a separate calendar table without ANY relationship with the rest.

The main issue with this solution is that now I have two independent month slicers. Why? Well, if just use the slicer from the chart, the rest of the visuals simply doesn't work. On the other hand, if i create a relationship between the 2 calendars, the visuals work, but the graph is broken again.

The only solution that I have reached is to have a complete identical and separate datatable, and then yes, with one single slicer everything works good. But then, as a rookie in Power BI, I think that this mustn't be a the proper solution.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks a lot!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

please create a pbix file that contains sample data, and represents your data model and the report page, upload the file to onedrive or dropbox and share the link.

Regards,
Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

please create a pbix file that contains sample data, and represents your data model and the report page, upload the file to onedrive or dropbox and share the link.

Regards,
Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors