Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

drrai66
Resolver I
Resolver I

Running Total Becomes Incorrect When I add Legend

Hi Everyone,

With the Support of this community, I was able to get the Running Total against Week Numbers. WEEK Number is on X AXIS and my Counts are on Y AXIS and It is ALL OK.

Now, What is happening is when I drag Status to Legend, The Running Total Becomes Incorrect. The running total also shows downward trend which should not be.

I have this  Sample data 

Week NumberCOUNTStatus
4285A
423C
4210D
4233G
4350A
432B
433C
433E
4335F
4390G
4380H
4457A
442B
4417C
442E
4446F
442G
4423H
4515A
452B
4530C
4514E
4589F
4588G
4599H
469A
467C
4650G
4620H
461I
471A
473C
471F
478G
479H
472I

I should be getting This, which I created in Tableau

FINAL VIEW DESIREDFINAL VIEW DESIRED

But I am Getting This

This is IncorrectThis is Incorrect

Please advice

Thanks

Deepak

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

in x axis, click arrow next to you field and select "Show items with no data" and see if that helps.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

Oh...Great...that's it ..Hurrey..Thanks Thanks..

Deepak

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi @drrai66,

Try this measure

=CALCULATE([Total],FILTER(ALL(Data[Week Number]),Data[Week Number]<=MAX(Data[Week Number])))

Hope this helps.

Untitled.png

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Hi Ashish,

Can you attach your Solution.

Thanks

Deepak

Hi,

What problem are you facing when trying my suggeted formula.  Share the download link of your PBI file.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

in x axis, click arrow next to you field and select "Show items with no data" and see if that helps.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Oh...Great...that's it ..Hurrey..Thanks Thanks..

Deepak

Nice, that was easy 🙂

Yes, But Being new to Power BI I strugged to get it...You just appeared from Nowhere and Saved the day...

Thanks a lot

Deepak

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @drrai66

I think this calculated measure is close

My Running Total = CALCULATE(
						SUM('Table1'[COUNT]),
						FILTER(
							ALLEXCEPT(
								'Table1',
								Table1[Status]
								),
							MAX('Table1'[Week Number]) >= 'Table1'[Week Number])
							)

rt.png

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.