Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SewardExelon
Frequent Visitor

Running SUM is not totaling correctly in the Matrix row total/grand total

I have a matrix with 1 row and 1 column and several values.    RunningSum is correct in each of the row groups, BUT not in the Total Row Group.  In the Total row Group, it is showing the total from the LAST row group.  Below is the measure; I suspect the problem is related to the "Call Type Set" condition.  PLEASE Help.    Way below is a picture of the Results.

RunningSumOffered = CALCULATE(sum('HVDN table call volume(main)'[Calls_Offered]),filter(ALLSELECTED('HVDN table call volume(main)'),'HVDN table call volume(main)'[tdate]<=max('HVDN table call volume(main)'[tdate]) && 'HVDN table call volume(main)'[Call Type Set] = max('HVDN table call volume(main)'[Call Type Set]) ) )

SewardExelon_0-1663159521429.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SewardExelon ,

You can create another new measure as below and put this new measure to replace the original measure [RunningSumOffered] onto the table visual as below screenshot...

Measure = SUMX ( VALUES ('HVDN table call volume(main)'[Call Type Set] ), [RunningSumOffered] ) 

In addition, you can refer the following links to try to solve your problem...

Why Your Total Is Incorrect In Power BI - The Key DAX Concept To Understand

Dax for Power BI: Fixing Incorrect Measure Totals

If the above one can't help you get the desired result, please provide some sample data in your table 'HVDN table call volume(main)' (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SewardExelon ,

You can create another new measure as below and put this new measure to replace the original measure [RunningSumOffered] onto the table visual as below screenshot...

Measure = SUMX ( VALUES ('HVDN table call volume(main)'[Call Type Set] ), [RunningSumOffered] ) 

In addition, you can refer the following links to try to solve your problem...

Why Your Total Is Incorrect In Power BI - The Key DAX Concept To Understand

Dax for Power BI: Fixing Incorrect Measure Totals

If the above one can't help you get the desired result, please provide some sample data in your table 'HVDN table call volume(main)' (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yingyinr - THANK YOU!  Your first solution worked - I'm so happy that you helped me - it saved me alot of time.   Also, thanks for the other links.  These will help me to improve my DAX skills.

VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @SewardExelon 

Check this blog post, might be helpful:
https://www.vahiddm.com/post/why-my-measure-returns-the-wrong-total

VahidDM_0-1663160031290.jpeg

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos!! 

Badges.jpg

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog | YouTube 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.