Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Diego-mx
Advocate I
Advocate I

Run sql server query from file

This may fall in the edge of what's PowerBI and what're its sources.  
On that side of the reports, I'd like to always use the same queries that our team is reading. 
Therefore we've created those .sql files and started by coping them into the box. 
We'd like to go further and directly read the file from PowerBI without having to copy every time there's a change in it.  

I found a solution to read the query from the PowerShell and I found a way to run Powerscripts into PowerBI.  
Still this isn't a viable solution because I need administrative permission in our Azure account.  

Does anybody know how to read an .sql file from PowerBI.  
Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Diego-mx,

I'm afraid we can't run the sql file directly. The workaround could be using the parameters to make the "Get Data" dynamically. Please refer to deep-dive-into-query-parameters-and-power-bi-templates/ and using-parameters-in-power-bi/

I would suggest you vote up this idea.

If you'd like more details, please post the details of the sql file.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.