Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Run Data for specific date and use that date for calculations

Hey Community,

New to Power Bi and have been playing around for a month or so with it.

I was wondering if there is a way to use a specific date to filter and run data for. Like in excel I can have a date in one cell which I can change/select and all the calculations, and the data gathered is for that date.

I want to use that date for "if statements" and other formulas, would like a box/date table similar to the following to diaplay on the dashboard

rdate.png

Thoughts??

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

So you means you want to get selected value from slicer/filter, right? If this is a case, I'd like to suggest you to use selectedvalue, allselected functions to get selection items.(they will effect by current filter effect)

Using the SELECTEDVALUE function in DAX

The definitive guide to ALLSELECTED
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

You can try to add slicer with data fields, then you can use slicer to filter your visual data based on selected date values.

Slicers in Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @v-shex-msft,

Using the Slicer for the filter on the page is that I am familiar with. What about adding it into the table calculations.

Such as if I have a table which uses IF statement - IF(entered date<today(),x,y) I want to have a cell where I can input that "entered date" on the dashboard and run the file after that.

Let me know if I am not clear enough.

Cheers.

Hi @Anonymous ,

So you means you want to get selected value from slicer/filter, right? If this is a case, I'd like to suggest you to use selectedvalue, allselected functions to get selection items.(they will effect by current filter effect)

Using the SELECTEDVALUE function in DAX

The definitive guide to ALLSELECTED
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.