cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Row selection in table at UI

Hi All,

I have a table at UI having 10 columns out of which 8 are dimension and 2 are measures. When I select a row in that table , 

those 8 dimensions act as filters on others visuals on that page. My requirement is only out of  those 8 dimensions only 2 dimension should impact other visuals on the oage when a row is selected in that table.

I tried to convert dimensions into measure(using selectedvalue, values) but it didn't work because those measures are text columns  and it fails in one or another scenario.

Is there a ways to not to have impact of those  6 dimensions on others visuals  when a row is selected in that table?

Regards

Vaishali

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Vaishali04 ,

You may implement your demand by using Edit interactions feature, select the your Table visual firstly, go to Format-> Edit interactions, select the "no impact" icon for all of other visuals.

For example:

edit interactions.png

You can learn more: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV
Super User IV

@Vaishali04 , This default functionality. I doubt it can change. You can create a measure that ignores the other 6 filters and use that in other visuals.

Or You can try Drill Through. There you can set drill through parameter. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-drillthrough

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Vaishali04 ,

You may implement your demand by using Edit interactions feature, select the your Table visual firstly, go to Format-> Edit interactions, select the "no impact" icon for all of other visuals.

For example:

edit interactions.png

You can learn more: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
November Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2020 Updates!

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform October Community Highlights

Check out the top community contributors across all of the communities

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors