Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

depple
Helper III
Helper III

Row percentage of a single row in same table

Hi,

Relatively newbie in Power BI here. I have grind to a halt on an issue that I have no idea on how to solve.

I have huge table of weekly data of a few product categories (not the entire market) and the total market, simplified below. I would like to create a measure that calculates a percentage share of "Total Market". Or, maybe there are better ways than measures to solve this?

Product categoryValue % Share
A101,7 %
B203,3 %
C305,0 %
Total Market600100,0 %

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

/depple

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @depple,

You mean you do the work in Excel? Maybe you can do it simply as the snapshot shows.

Row-percentage-of-a-single-row-in-same-table

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

In your actual PBI file, won't the Total Market row be a summation of the individual values appearing in the column above?  If not, then how do you get the value for the Total market row.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Ashish,

It is actually about the source of the data and the row limitations in Excel. I have to limit the extraction to aggregating the market to a total.

I will look for another angle than my current dataset.

Hi @depple,

You mean you do the work in Excel? Maybe you can do it simply as the snapshot shows.

Row-percentage-of-a-single-row-in-same-table

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The total is a part of the category data, not total for column in the dataset.

As it appears that there are no obvious solutions for my initial problem, I will try to work on my dataset instead, and then see if I can tweak it to do it your way.

Thanks!

/depple

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@depple you can surely write a measure to achieve this or look at the quick measure gallery and it will have the calculation to achieve it.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.