Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Row level security or Subscriptions

Hi Everyone,

I have a pro license account and created a dashboard with employee mail ids for the attendance analysis 

Now, I was facing an issue with applying row-level security or security because all the users in the tenant don't have pro license accounts

Is there any alternative for sending screenshots for each employee analysis or when they log in is it possible to see their analysis 

Your suggestions are considered

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

You can also share your report with email subscription. Go to your published report --> Click on Subscribe option with Envelope icon on top right corner --> Enter email of of your employee to whom you wanna share your report.

So, on daily basis it will automatically share the report link with your concered users.

Don't forget to give thumbs up 👍 and accept this as a solution if it helped you.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting this error When I try to subscribe

Capture.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

You should know that:

1. Creating a subscription can be done by:

• Users with a Power BI Pro license
    • Users viewing content in a Premium workspace or app may also subscribe to content located there, even without a Power BI Pro license.

You don't need edit permissions to the content (dashboard or report) to create a subscription for yourself, but you must have edit permissions to create one for someone else.

2. For report email subscriptions, if the dataset uses RLS, you can create a subscription for yourself. You can't subscribe others to a report with row-level security (RLS) applied unless you are using a paginated report, which will allow you to send the subscription to others using your security context.

You can refer the following microsoft document that can help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-report-subscribe

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

rajendraongole1
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

If you are Office 365, and have Teams and/or SharePoint, you can use Power BI Embedded, to inset the reports into Teams and SharePoint. Users will be able to access the reports with out a Pro license.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply,

One person should not be able to see other employee analysis if we embed with Sharepoint everyone can be others analysis

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Yamuna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.