Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Row level security not working on only 1 table

I use row level security for various parts of the organization.

Everything works fine in all of our reporting.

I was asked by leadership to add some new metrics. Have done this before, with no issues.

imported the table data assigned the row level security to it like have done many times with many other reports.

When viewing it as ANY of the groups to test and make sure they all work they dont. 

The normal drill through filters filter is totally fine, which is the same criteria that the dax arguements use.

IE:  [Area] = "Area Name"

[Region] = "Region Name" etc.

Have started over and rebuilt the table from scratch and reimported, same issue. That data is definately fine, not sure what else to try

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

In order to apply RLS with Groups in Power BI, you need publish your report to a group within the Power BI service, the roles will be applied to read-only members. You will need to indicate that members can only view Power BI content within the group settings. For more details about this, you can refer to this article.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please undertstand folks that I am not a basic user. I use row level security on EVERY ONE of the 30 reports that i maintain for the business. 

For the time being i have created an manual relationship tree and attached it at the hip to another table so that it filters simultaniously as the one that works normally. 

I have contacted microsoft support and it is possible there is a bug, should i come to a solution i will let you know, but for the time being i have done my own workaround thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

They make sense, however it is not the correct answer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.