Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ritesh_Air
Post Patron
Post Patron

Row level security for Paginated report

Hi,

I have a paginated report which is using Power BI dataset as source. Some users complain that they can't see data in the report. How do I check or impersonate it in Paginated report, the way we can impersonate Power BI reports?

Thanks in advance,
RK

4 REPLIES 4
MallikarjunaBan
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Ritesh_Air  @v-chenwuz-msft   have you resolved it please update on this

Ritesh_Air
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hello @v-chenwuz-msft 

If you can check the username piece on the paginated report and let me know how it works then I can try it my end. Thanks for your help.

RK

Hi @Ritesh_Air 

I have done this.

1 add a new table with username piece field and set a parameter. paremeter's available values get from new table.

vchenwuzmsft_0-1636531397713.png

2 go to fact table and set the filter, replace the @UserID was used as rule of RLS.

vchenwuzmsft_1-1636531604515.png

3 select a value for parameter and view the report

vchenwuzmsft_2-1636531919568.png

vchenwuzmsft_3-1636531941363.png

You can refer this way and do some change depend on your case.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ritesh_Air 

I have tried in power bi service, but there is no selection to configure the security as other datasets to set RLS. You can suggest an idea on this web .https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

If possible, you can try to set a parameter in the Paginated report and this parameter as username. The username is passed into the report as a parameter. i will test if it possbile and reply you later.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.