Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Row Level Security on Power BI Dashboard

Hi ,

I am new to Power BI. 

I have been asked to add report in the App and create dashboard for that report. I have applied Row level security on report so members have 'View only' access. 

I created the dashboard but the users who has only limited access (eg. User1 has only access to 'EUR' market) 

He can see all data on dashboard. On report he just see 'EUR' market related data but for on Dashboard he is able to see all data.

Is there any way so that he can only see 'EUR' data on dashboard as well?

Thanks!

Regards,

Poonam

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

To let RLS works,

please confirm the users only able to "View" the content of the App instead of "Edit".    

This means, If the userd are the members of the App Workplace, don't grant "Edit" permission for them, just "View only".

Next, configure RLS setting both in the Power BI Desktop and Service according to this article.

Note, you need to add members as below in Service.

8.png

Similar problem and solution here you could refer to

Dashboards and row level security

If you have any problem ,please let me know.

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-juanli-msft,

Thanks for the reply. I am able to apply Row level security on report. But my question is, how can the user will have same level of access to dashboard level as well?

For example, there is User1 he has 'EUR' market access. He can see only 'EUR' data on report level but on dashboard, he can see all the data.

He should see only 'EUR' market related data on dashboard level as well. How to achieve that?

Thanks!

Regards,

Poonam

Hi @Anonymous

As tested, it shows limited data both in Report and Dashboard.

Do you pin a tile or pin a live page to the daskboard?

Are the datasets which belongs to the dashboard all set RLS properly?

Could you show more steps you have applied so that i can reproduce your problem?

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.