Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ajayemmadi1
Helper I
Helper I

Row Level Security on Multiple Dimensions and Multiple Values

Hi,

I am facing an issue in fixing the row level security for multiple dimensions and Values. I am able to do it for multiple dimensions but not multiple values. In the attached screenshots you can clearly find the DAX expression for RLS. 

role1.png

role2.png

role3.png

In the below screens I am not able to add security for multiple building groups or buildings. It displays null, but the expressions shows valid.

role4.png

role5.png

Kindly check the above issue on priority and provide solution or any idea will be more helpful.

Best Regards,
Ajay Emmadi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The logic you're using here will always return null.  You're saying that this user can only see values where the BuildingGroup is Blackstone and where the BuildingGroup is also We Work.  BuildingGroup can't be both at the same time.

You want to use or logic in your condition.  

[BusinessVertical] = "Open Markets" && ( [BuildingGroup] = "Blackstone" || [BuildingGroup] = "We Work" ) 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The logic you're using here will always return null.  You're saying that this user can only see values where the BuildingGroup is Blackstone and where the BuildingGroup is also We Work.  BuildingGroup can't be both at the same time.

You want to use or logic in your condition.  

[BusinessVertical] = "Open Markets" && ( [BuildingGroup] = "Blackstone" || [BuildingGroup] = "We Work" ) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.