Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kimpanu
Frequent Visitor

Row Level Security null relationships hide

Hi,

I have implemented Row Level security on my SSAS tabular and its work fine but i also have an relationship in my tabular between two tables. The relationship is not required and its one to many relationship. If i use an user that has access to all data everything in shows up correct but if i use an user that only have limited access to data he cant see data there the relationship between the to table has no relationship.

Any ideas to fix this?

My table lok like this:

Boats (A boat can have one batch but need to)

-------------

Name | BatchId (Related to Id on Batch)

Batch (A batch have one or more boats)

-------------

Name|Id

If the boat havent any batch the boat dont show up for users how has limited access to data, but he has access to that boat that dont show up.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kimpanu ,

If there are tables having no relationships, you could create relationships among these table .

You may set Row-Level Security (RLS) to manage roles, please see the link Power BI Desktop Dynamic security cheat sheet, which described the detailed steps. Maybe it doesn't work, there are some tips to let it work and test it efficiently.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xicai 

Unfortunley we not use Dynmaic Security. We only use RLS on tables for a specific Role.

So your links not working for us.

/KImpa

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.