Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Allard_Swart
Regular Visitor

Row Level Security no longer works when displaying the table with the RLS filter

Hi everyone,

First of all thank you for looking into my question. I had RLS set up for my report and it was working fine, but for some reason it doesn't anymore. While it still filters the results on the access table that we have set up, it no longer passes these demands onto linked tables.

The role is set up like this:

Allard_Swart_0-1637224589423.png

The link between two tables is set up like this:

Allard_Swart_1-1637224629943.png

When I go into my report and test as the role I get the following result

Allard_Swart_2-1637224668527.png

Both tables use the exact same fields except that the left one also includes the e-mail field which is used to determine access. The moment the field is removed the data is no longer filtered.

How can I make sure the filters on the access page are passed onto the rest of the data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cardinality Should be set to "One to Many" instead of "Many to One" since your export table has single Plan and user table should have multiples.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Click on "Apply security filters on both directions"

Hi FarhanAhmed,

Thanks for your reply. I tried doing that, but it gives me an error

Allard_Swart_0-1637231352885.png

It says that because I use it for RLS I can't set the filter behavior for both directions/

Cardinality Should be set to "One to Many" instead of "Many to One" since your export table has single Plan and user table should have multiples.

I think the problem is that we've turned the relationship into a many to many relationship while it used to be a one to many.

Right now we were giving rights based on programs, but it seems that we need to switch to giving rights to a cluster or programs instead. (or give the option to do so). That should probably fix it.

Thanks for the help, it made it clear where the problem was. I'll post to let everyone know if the fix that comes out of this will solve the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.