Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Row Level Security is not getting implemented in my dataset

I am not able to implement row level security to my report. I have tried different methods on google and Microsoft forums but all in vain. Could you please help?

I have a dataset name "Cases" which have details of all cases logged into system with its country. Then I have dataset name "Escalations" with details of the all the escalations along with its country. Then there is one more table called "Country Mapping" which contains all the countries mapped with their Regions and Region Manager. I have already prepared a report showing Global /Regional numbers But now people want to restrict the data according to its own territory. Eg Some want to see global data and some are responsible for a particular country. I know RLS can help me with this. I have tried to make two tables one with Username and country responsible and other one with just usernames and names. I have made a relationship between all thesE tables. But the problem with the code is, like if I am the admin of the report then I need to manually add myself in the country responsible for every country. Like 146 countries . Is there any better way to do this?

2 REPLIES 2
MaryF
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi there

I am going to refer you to a recent video that covers RLS indepth. It's been done by Devin Knight from Pragmatic works, who is fantastic. I would be sure it will answer your query much better than I could.

Link to webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d_YQKRpJEY

Regards

Mary

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Mary for your kind support!

Cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.