Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sabeensp
Helper IV
Helper IV

Row Level Security (RLS)

Hello,

I need to implement RLS.
I have 2 tables (below). Table 1 has all the users with their emails and Title. Table 2 has data which needs to be presented based on RLS, however some records can be viewed by multiple users based on their Titles.  I can create a realtionship between those 2 tables either by ID, Username, or Title.  Thanks in advance.

Table 1:

IDNameUsernameTitle
1Johnjohn@xyz.comManager
2Jerryjerry@xyz.comDirector
3Marymary@xyz.comManger
4Suesue@xyz.comAnalyst
5Alexalex@xyz.comDeveloper

Table 2

RowidWho can ViewCol1Col2
101Manager/Director  
102Manager/Director  
103Manager/Director  
104Manager/Director  
105Analyst / Developer  
106Everyone  
107Everyone  
108Everyone  
109Everyone  
110Only Director  
111Only Director  
112Only Director  
113Only Manager  

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sabeensp  - You could have a bridge table that contains a row for each combination of Table2 RowID and Title. Then, Table1 will filter the Bridge table and the Bridge table will filter Table2.

Hope this helps,

Nathan

@Anonymous Data table has over 10M rows creating mutiple combination would be hard, but thanks for the tip.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the RLS defined row-by-row for 10M rows? Or is there some other attribute that can be exploited?

@AnonymousOnly Title of the employee

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Bridge table could instead be the distinct combinations of Who can View and Title. Then use those two columns in the relationships.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.