Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

javier-martinez

Row Level Security Issue

Hi everyone,

I'm facing a problem applying a Row Level Security to my report. I have create a Rol where I filter the Countries depend on the user email.

javiermartinez_0-1668006913687.png

And when I click on test a role it works.

Then when I publish the report on the workspace I can see the Role created.

javiermartinez_1-1668007518216.png

But the issue comes when anyone opens it and It is not filtered by the country of the person who is watching it. It is as if the role had not been applied.

Do you know if i have to change anything on my workspace/report/database settings?

Thank you,

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @javier-martinez ;

This is probably happening because the user (test user) has access to the workspace as either an Admin, Member or Contributor. These Workspace users are NOT subject to RLS so will see all data. You need to user to be a "Viewer" in the Workspace to be subject to RLS. Go to the Access options in the workspace and set the test user to "Viewer".
if not right,can you share your simple data and result what you want to output?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @javier-martinez ;

This is probably happening because the user (test user) has access to the workspace as either an Admin, Member or Contributor. These Workspace users are NOT subject to RLS so will see all data. You need to user to be a "Viewer" in the Workspace to be subject to RLS. Go to the Access options in the workspace and set the test user to "Viewer".
if not right,can you share your simple data and result what you want to output?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.