Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Row Headers in Matrix Visual

Hey Guys

Is it possible to unfreez Row Headers pane in Matrix Visual? I have many columns and when I scroll horizontal bar, only values section move but Row Headers doesn't. 

Is it possible to unfreeze it?

5 REPLIES 5
R_LB
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I have the same issue, two years after: row headers of matrix are frozen when you use the horizontal scroll bar (tested on Power BI Desktop). I need to display all the values of a dimension with a hierarchy presentation as the matrix does. I put all my fields as columns header, but i'm not able to make an horizontal scroll to see all the values.

Is there a solution for that ?

Thanks !

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

To my knowledge, this is not supported in Power BI currently.

In addition, freezing row headers allows us to better understand what each row of data describes. It is great, right?

I find that you want to unfreeze row headers in Matrix when reading reports in mobile view.

One workaround, turn your phone sideways, the report opens in the non-optimized view with the original report layout. Then, it won't be an issue. 

Reference: View Power BI reports optimized for your phone

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where are you facing this issue, Power BI Desktop, Service or Mobile/tab?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everywhere, it has same behaviour. I believe this is the default behaviour of Matrix Visual but I see no option to change it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everywhere, it has same behaviour. I believe this is the default behaviour of Matrix Visual but I see no option to change it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.