Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Razorbx13
Post Patron
Post Patron

Row Difference

I have the below matrix.  The measure is a single field (VALUE) which results from a union of several tables (one being office visits).  Each row total comes from a single table.  The example below shows Office Visits.  This table is unioned into 5 other tables to give me specific values by Quarter, by Month as the headers.  The next row level is year of the VALUES.  So I need to create a row below 2021 for each month for each row heading (in this instance Office Visits and New Visits), that is the difference of 2020 and 2021.  Is there an easy way to do this?  Thanks in advance.  

2021-05-12_14-57-00.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Razorbx13 ,

sure, you can create a measure with the value from the previous year with SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR :

Measure Last Year = CALCULATE( [myMeasure], SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR( DateTable[Date] ) )  

Then you just have to subtract one measure from the other and you have your result.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

View solution in original post

So will this be a measure I can place RIGHT BELOW the 16298, 15727, 4027, etc.?  Will try it out tonight!  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Razorbx13
Post Patron
Post Patron

I guess I can help and make a little clearer.  What I will be showing once all the data is there is a 2020 "positive" number and a 2021 "positive" number.  The total line needs to show the net of these two numbers, not the sum.  Is that doable?  I need to show each number as a positive, but in the total line need to show the net.  Is that doable?

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Razorbx13 ,

sure, you can create a measure with the value from the previous year with SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR :

Measure Last Year = CALCULATE( [myMeasure], SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR( DateTable[Date] ) )  

Then you just have to subtract one measure from the other and you have your result.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

So will this be a measure I can place RIGHT BELOW the 16298, 15727, 4027, etc.?  Will try it out tonight!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.